Mal’s Ancestors – my mother’s father’s family, the mystery of “who was my grandfather”.
We had a birth certificate that my mother (Edna) had obtained. It showed the birth of a Francis Edward Cameron to Sarah Ann Cameron on 15/6/1885 in Carlton, father unknown. We now know that this birth certificate was nothing to do with my grandfather.
Note that I have recently published my full family history here.
So what do we know of my Grandfather, this is about it:
Edward Francis CAMERON Reverend
Born around 1885, presumably near Carlton, Victoria. Died 3 Nov 1941 in St Arnaud, Vic. Buried Nov 1941 in Fawkner Cemetery.
Occupation Minister. Education Scotch College, Melbourne University, Uni Of W.A. Religion Presbyterian.
Possibly fostered to William Kenneth Cameron and Elizabeth Emma Pigott. William Kenneth presumed to be the natural father.
More about William Kenneth Cameron can be found at the Clan Cameron website.
Edward married Agnes Dunsire MERCER, 18 Nov 1915 in East Perth, Australia. They had a family of six children:
- Janet Elizabeth, b. 1916 Geraldton, W.A. d. 9 Apr 1930 Kinglake (car accident) b. 1930 Yea Cemetery
- William Kenneth, b. 1918 Geraldton, W.A. d. 9 Apr 1930 Kinglake (car accident) b. 1930 Yea Cemetery
- Agnes (Nessie) Flora, b. 1919 Subiaco, W.A. d. ? ??? ????
- Edna Frances b. 26 Sep 1922 Subiaco, W.A. d. 20 Aug 2000 Raymond Island, b. 25 Aug 2000 Paynesville Cemetery
- Christina Margaret (details withheld)
- Nancy May Shiela (details withheld)
Details of Francis Edward Cameron and his ancestors, not linked to our family can be found at the Cameron Clan site.